Tuesday, February 17, 2009

More News on Not Pressing Charges



"Michael Phelps is truly an American hero ... but even with his star status, he is still obligated to obey the laws of our state," Lott said.
Phelps released a statement after the sheriff's decision.
"I'm glad this matter is put to rest. But there are also some important lessons that I've learned," Phelps said in the statement. "For me, it's all about recognizing that I used bad judgment and it's a mistake I won't make again. For young people especially - be careful about the decisions you make. One bad decision can really hurt you and the people you care about. I really appreciate the support my family and fans have shown me and now I will move forward and dive back into the pool, having put this whole thing behind me."
The photo showed Phelps smoking from a marijuana pipe at a party in November when he visited the University of South Carolina. Lott said he seized the marijuana pipe, known as a bong, that was in the photo but couldn't prove Phelps had smoked from it.
"We had a photo and him saying he was sorry for inappropriate behavior. He never said, 'I smoked marijuana.' We didn't have physical evidence," Lott said.
USA Swimming suspended Phelps for three months in the wake of the photo, and Kellogg Co. said it would not renew its endorsement deal with him.

XOXO,

the ppl


~this page was copied from aol news~

No comments:

Post a Comment